Friday, January 14, 2011

mmmMMMMM!

Ooooo Lacy! I'm going to get started on some tamales ASAP. Great link! I also like to get a big thing of meat & use it fr several meals. Its usually chicken.

I dedicate today's post to my sister because she told me I make "weird food". Today she said she was scared of anything I make. Whateva, Doo. Enjoy your canned spaghetti-Os.

Ok so here's another use for that leftover pulled pork (or chicken):

Pulled Pork Sandwich, Page 154.

And my husband's super greasy hand...I dont remember why he thought we needed to see that :) Ok so I usually don't eat coleslaw, but this recipe isn't all mayo-laden & heavy - it was good!  Try this:

Easy Cole Slaw
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
2 tbsp (olive-oil kind if you can find it)
2 tbsp vinegar, any flavor
2 tbsp canola or olive oil
1/2 head each red and green cabbage
3 carrots, shredded

I only made a half batch & it was PLENTY! And I didn't have any red cabbage. Whatever!

Then I had a bunch of cabbage left so I made this:

Chinese Chicken Salad, page 114

Crunchy, tangy, sweet - a nice salad. Shredded cabbage, chopped chicken, asian vinaigrette, cilantro leaves, almonds, and mandarin oranges. Boo-ya.

Finally, I couldn't get my husband (aka "Big Sexy") to try this one, but I assure you that it IS delicious:

Grilled cheese with apples & bacon.

Pretty simple - thinly sliced granny smith apple adds crunch to an old friend, the grilled cheese sandwich. Add melted cheddar and crunchy bacon & you get salty-sweet goodness! Get you some.

I haven't noticed any weight loss yet, but I sure am enjoying these new recipes. I have only had chicken once!

No comments:

Post a Comment