Thursday, January 13, 2011

The weekend is near, I can almost smell what's cooking!

I don't know about you but this snow has my routine all out of whack!  The good thing about that is that tomorrow is Friday...(can i get a WOOHOO!?)  Usually it's around Thursday when I start making a list of all the things I want to cook on the upcoming weekend.  This week's no different! 

This weekend I really want to try out some homemade flour tortillas.  I can almost taste the fresh guacamole slathered on the warm, fluffy tortilla.  Please stop me! 

Also, I've got my scallops in the refrigerator for Terriyaki Scallops.  I've been dreaming of these all week!

I just got a batch of vanilla beans in so I've got to try some things with those fragrant beauties too this weekend!

Last time I was at the grocery store, I picked up a package of pork chops.  Usually I do the same ol' thing with them, pop in a skillet to cook, smother in bbq sauce, add sliced carrots, simmer for a few, slap it on rice and bam, it's dinner.  And while it is delicious everytime, really you can only have so much!  So this time I had just seen Paula Deen making something new...cranberry dijon porkchops.  It was actually just as easy and a totally different taste.  Basically all you do is make a cranberry sauce by adding 1 cup water, 1 cup sugar and about 6 oz of fresh cranberries.  Cook this down until all the berries have bursted.  Add 2 tablespoons of a hot dijon mustard.  Brush it on the porkchops and just put them in the skillet and brown them on both sides (making sure they're cooked through)  I know cranberries are really "holiday food" but they're just so pretty! 

Just so you know too, LOTS more pictures will begin to appear.  My camera batteries have been down and so all of these pictures have been with my phone, but we're gonna get serious this weekend!

Also, DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE GIVEAWAY!  Deadline was originally tomorrow evening but I realized I may be a tad overzealous, considering this is my 4th of blogging!  So we're going to extend it.  The drawing will now be NEXT FRIDAY January 21 at 10 pm CST.




No comments:

Post a Comment